As an Optio Dentistry subscriber, you can use your patient education videos anywhere in your practice and online marketing. Here are six tips for getting the most out of your Optio Dentistry videos:
1. Add the video library to your website – Having the complete video library on your site lets patients watch the videos from the comfort of their own home. It also lets patients learn about a recommended treatment option when you’re not around.
2. Embed individual videos throughout your site – Optio Dentistry videos are designed to complement your service pages with educational descriptions of common procedures and can be used throughout your site. It’s easy to embed a video – just have your website developer follow the instructions here.
3. Download the Optio Dentistry app to computers and tablets in your office – No matter where you are in the office you can make sure you have access to Optio Dentistry for quick consultations with patients. The app allow you to display videos or review procedures in your own words using the slide function. Make a playlist of frequently watched videos by starring your favourite videos and send the patient directly to your website to view the video on their own time.
4. Make sure your contact information is correct – We use your practice name and phone number to create a custom screen at the end of each video. Once you’ve uploaded the videos, take a quick look to make sure your information is correct and that the phone number shown is the main office line – and not the cell phone number of the person who registered the software!
5. Encourage support staff to use the materials – Give support staff time to review the patient education videos and learn the video content. This can help everyone access the videos more often and ultimately help patients accept treatment. Here’s a real-life example:
Dr. Clark uses the videos on a portable device that he regularly sends home with staff members and quizzes them when they come back in the next day. He says that having the support staff familiar with the device and the video content is invaluable to increasing engagement with the videos.
By giving staff the tools to talk to patients, more treatment will be accepted by patients. Not only that but you will also save time. Imagine this scenario, a hygienist might see wisdom teeth poking through the gums that are probably ready to come out. The hygienist can show the video about why wisdom teeth need to be removed before the patient meets with you. You can quickly confirm the need for the teeth to be removed and get the procedure booked.
6. Share your videos directly with patients – Simply navigate to the video on your website that you want to share, then copy and paste the link into your social media account or in an email directly to your patient. Or in the Optio Dentistry App click the "Share by email" button.
Have you ever had a patient say they need to think about treatment before making a decision? This is a great opportunity to email appropriate videos that could help in their decision-making process.
How do you use Optio Dentistry videos in your practice? Share your story with us.