Facebook is the most used social media site on the Internet. If that’s not enough to convince you to use it for your dental practice, check out this recent presentation on Facebook from the Power of Digital Dentistry Conference.
Top 5 reasons why you should use Facebook for your dental practice
- Because Facebook is the most popular social media site – I know we already said this but it can’t be stressed enough: many of your patients and potential patients are online and using Facebook every day, multiple times a day.
- To build trust with potential patients – When people are looking for a dentist they may search for you on Facebook in order to find out more about your practice. They will read reviews, evaluate whether you’re active in your community and look to see if your patients "like" you by liking your page. If you have an active page with good recommendations from patients they will be more inclined to book their next check-up with your practice. If they see an empty space where your practice should be or not many likes, they might move on to your competitor.
- To talk to people in your community – Posting on your Facebook regularly page lets you talk to new and potential patients about the services you offer and shows that your practice is unique.
- To target potential patients in your local area – People provide personal information on Facebook, including interests and demographic information. This means that you can advertise to people in your local area who are interested in your services. For example, you may have a post on when to bring a child in for their first dental visit that would be good for readers with small children. With the power to speak to people who are truly interested in your service, you will save money on advertising and generate the type of new patients you're looking for.
- As an SEO boost for your website – Businesses that are active on Facebook and other social media sites rank higher on search engines compared with those that are not active on social media.
If you have any questions, please ask in the comments section below.
Watch the final video in the Marketing Your High Tech Practice Series: YouTube Advertising and Your Dental Practice